Eel Township Board Meeting
Regular monthly meetings will be held on the first Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Township Trustee’s Office located at 409 High Street, Logansport, IN.
Citizens of each township elect three residents who are qualified voters for a four year term to the Township Board.
The Eel Township Trustee is Mike Fincher. Eel Township Board Members, whose terms run through 2018, are Rick Bernhardt, Sharon Kain and Thomas Keplar.
The Township Board has the responsibilities in the township similar to those exercised by the County Council. Its functions are:
- Adopting of the annual budget
- Fixing the tax rate for various funds
- Imposing the tax levies, subject to review by the County Council and Indiana’s Department of Local Finance
- Approving township contracts
- Serving as the township board of finance to select depositories for township funds
- Fixing the salaries of elected and appointed officials and employees of the township